1. 3/4 cup pure olive oil
2. One 2-ounce can oil-packed anchovies, oil reserved
3. 3 red jalapeños, thinly sliced
4. 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
6. 1 tablespoon packed marjoram leaves
7. 24 baby lamb rib chops (about 3 ounces each)
8. Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the anchovy oil and jalapeños. On a cutting board, chop the anchovies with the garlic, mint and marjoram until minced and add to the bowl. Arrange the lamb chops in a baking dish, top with the marinade and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Bring to room temperature before grilling (very important).
2. Light a grill. Scrape the marinade off the lamb and season the chops with salt and black pepper. Grill over high heat, turning once or twice, until nicely charred outside and medium-rare within, about 6 minutes. Transfer the chops to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.