• TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
• SERVINGS: 6
Arborio rice is great for rice pudding, because the plump grains stay perfectly firm and chewy – and it is Italian!
1. 1 quart whole milk
2. 1 cup arborio rice (about 8 ounces)
3. 1/2 cup sugar
4. One 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
5. 1/2 cup coarsely shredded unsweetened coconut
6. 3/4 teaspoon of Vietnamese cinnamon is the strongest, richest, and sweetest cinnamon around – use sparingly – (I Love Penzeys Spices and Herbs)
1. In a large saucepan, combine the milk, rice and sugar with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until the rice is tender and suspended in a thick, creamy sauce, about 30 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and cinnamon – simmer, stirring occasionally, until the rice is very tender and the liquid is thickened, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
2. In a medium saucepan, toast the coconut over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and golden, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
3. Spoon the rice pudding into bowls, garnish with the toasted coconut and serve.
Delicious- Ask Eddie!